Charles Simeon (1759-1836)
Leader of the Evangelical Revival
- Educated at Eton and Kings, Cambridge
- Converted in 1779 on going up to Cambridge
- 1782 Fellow of Kings
- 1783 Ordained and appoined Vicar of Holy Trinity, Cambridge where he served until his death 53 years later.
- Helped found the Church Missionary Society in 1799
(Great Churchmen No 11 - Church Book Room Press)
- Charles Simeon of Cambridge - A man who faced and overcame rejection in his parish and maintained and acted on a lifelong vision for the Church both in England and worldwide. Churchman article from 1995 by Ian Chapman.